Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Monday, August 18, 2014

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei Critique

Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei (魔法科高校の劣等生 Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei) is a Japanese light novel serieswritten by Tsutomu Satō and ilustrated by  Kana Ishida published by ASCII Media Works and Square Enix with an anime adaptation by Madhouse.



Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei

The series takes place on a future world similar to ours where technology has advanced so much that a form of magic is possible. Developed as a military technology those who are  adept on it are considered an elite and the most powerful person on the country.
The series focus on Tatsuya Shiba  as he start his high school years an follows the events of his life  and the  secret past that surrounds him.

Well once again it's time for another of my critiques and  I know some of you would be wondering "But Kyou weren't you going to do a critiques on classic anime?" and the short answer is yes...but Christian asked me to have a look at this Anime...well I did and I have a few things to say about it~

So before anything like always I would like to remind you that this is merely my opinion , it's perfectly fine if you disagree with me.

Now I would like to say  something , I know this Anime hasn't finished it's first season yet and for those worried that I would spoil something  rest assure;  I will  not reveal anything of the stories or what happens directly on the anime.

As you have seen above , the plot of the series is rather interesting...technology in a near future advanced so far that is hard to differentiate it from magic ; making those capable of using it some sort of super humans.
That's actually a very solid plot  and the story  knows how to tackle the sci-fi elements in a way that is logic on the world the anime take places but as well is vague enough to avoid  sounding too far fetched and unlike what Christian (or many others that have shared with me some thought about this series...) made it out to be the Anime doesn't really focus on the fighting nor on  the secret past of the protagonist , but rather on  his daily life and how he deal with several different events that's happens as he does one of the things that...kinda..bother me of this Anime..

Cause we all wish science was this interesting at school

That being....the awkward romance , it's normal and sort of cliche that a little sister has feelings for his older brother which really doesn't bother me at all...instead when the main character has many the female characters drooling for him even if he is not interested or  just straight forward rejects them...
It kinda made me think this anime was based of a Galge Game (Date Sims games) but it being actually a web novel originally...sort of make sense..

Taking dialogue and images out of context...always a classic~


On the development area the anime has done a pretty good job presenting and settings the grounds for many of the characters...whit a few exceptions ,  and we also get to see the real abilities of the main character as his past and understand a bit more the way he sees the world.

The anime does and OK job to give us a bit of info on the world that Tatsuya lives in ,  maybe..a bit briefly and could have explained a bit more on how the magic passed from using "Chants" to  using a cool device that   can cast several spells and  you can  place in any sort of object or accessory (It does make me wonder how do they install microchips or nano-chips..or whatever the CADs are programmed in ;  so that you can place it on any object)


One of the things I enjoy a lot in this Anime  are that most of the characters dialogue are well written and the humor does take a good laugh out of you , also even if the science they use is purely fictional; it's taken seriously and at least the writer(s) gave some thought to it. 

And I thought glitter was only used as a magical thing on My Little Pony....


On the art section its not really a surprise...since the same animation studio that did No Game No Life  worked on  Mahou KouKou (I kinda did my own abbreviation...just..cause the name is waaaay to long) 
The art is amazing and it has a fresh, bright and colored style that is fitting fort the story style. 
The characters are visually appealing , the backgrounds and visual effects are nothing less than superb.

I...really..just can't like the female characters uniforms....



 Well I have said a lot of good things about this Anime..but there are a few things I can't let slip though.
For instance I really dislike the fact that the main character...is just so..."perfect" always the one that solves all the problems , the one that has the right answer and the one that saves the day (and the female character in turn for that matter..) At some point the character almost  seems to suffer a Mary Sue complex....almost..
But one thing that I did like A LOT , and that I had to mention was the fact that Mahou KouKou  main character didn't need the help of the writer to be admirable...like..some other anime I can think off...instead it let the character itself  shine in any situation he was in just by being him.

That concludes  my critique , I hope you enjoyed the read or at least had a good laugh~
like always you are all invited to leave a comment or share your thought with me so be sure to use that little comment section of use any time you feel like it.

So I leave you all with my beloved Evalutation Table (of...judgment....) have a nice day!

Didn't really have a smart comment  this time....oh well..



Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs