Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

An Unrealistic Thing Called Love-2


Dreams..For some, a window to the deepest desires and fears of an individual. For me, a simple sub-product of the many biological process of the human body. Despise my well established, fact-based believes, I experienced one that made me even question my own sanity.

Tyrant's Gelid Grip
A rare and isolated event, worthy of at least some minimal researching time... But for the time being I have more important matters to consider. The speech for the freshmen welcome ceremony (which of course I have already memorized), The school's clubs different presentations and activities, the introductory classes for each teachers and the courses they will be teaching. And the most important of all, I need to make sure there is still some Jasmine Silver Needle Tea left in the student council's meeting room...

“HEY SOFY!!! at least have the decency to pretend you are listening to us.” Alice says yelling at me, I almost forgot I been ignoring her usual gibberish all the way to school. “ Seriously Sofy, you need to be more talkative and social. Even my dad's ancient cellphone is more responsive than you, geez!”
Alice says, clearly offended. maybe she was really passionate about whatever trivial matter she was talking about. But is not like I care much for her idle chit-chat or celebrities gossips.

“ Come on Sammy, you were trying to explain her what you had planned for the boxing team exhibition match. Get at least mad at her!” Sam, reply in a gloomy quiet tone looking at the floor saying “ Miss Sophie is just busy thinking of today's schedule, besides it was nothing important really.” Huh..I don't know why Sam is so upset, we have discussed several times the hour, the place and which members of the boxing team will be on the exhibition match.. Maybe I should apologize for ignoring her, Sam can be a bit sensitive despise her tough look. “ Sorry Sam, I didn't mean to be so rude. We can discuss the matter on the students council's meeting room.”Sam smiles, looking at me with an exited expression similar to that of a child who just received a new toy, seems whatever she wanted to tell me was really important to her... She could have just text me the details or write me a report if it was something that important, in any case it probably is a hundred times more interesting that listening to Alice.


“I swear Sofy sometimes I don't know which one is colder, you or this darned winter mornings.” Alice says glaring at me, rubbing his body with her arms trying to get warmed up, but I can't really take someone that is complaining about weather while wearing a mini skirt and a jacket that is clearly not covering enough too seriously. “ Alice, maybe if you would dress properly you wouldn't be complaining so much.” I reply to her as she tries as hard as she can to think of something to say. It is quite amusing to see her trying to articulate a counter argument with the very few big words she knows.

“Miss Sophie... Is there anything bothering you today?” Sam suddenly says looking at me with a puzzled face. “What gave you that impression Sam?” That dream was indeed an annoyance, but is by no means something of major importance. “ Well is just that...You are acting unlike your usual self today.” Sam's unexpected reply make me upset somehow; I can't possible be acting different... My mood can't be really affected by that nonsensical dream! “ Yeah Sofy you are being a big stuck-up...Meanie today, well more than usual.” Alice says obviously trying to take revenge on what I said earlier. Pointing me with her finger trying to mimic the poses of the several teachers that have lectured her. “I'm fine..”


“Miss Sophie whatever it is that is making you upset you know you can always..” “ I said I'm fine.” It is unlike me to interrupt someone in the middle of a sentence, but I do not need to remember anything regarding that dream, specially coming from someone that can't even differentiate Freud's theories from Pavlov's!

Ugh...I just want my morning tea.

The rest of the way to school was quiet, I might have been too harsh on my friends..However by the end of the day they will surely have gotten over it. We are finally on school grounds, there are a few teachers making sure everything is ready for the welcoming ceremony. Carrying hammer, screw drivers, brushes and paint; to put the last of the stalls and scenarios ready for today's wide arrange of event. Alice might not be too reliable, but I'm glad I let her do the decorations this year, she did a superb job doing the auditoriums decorations with an elegant arrangement of pink roses and white lilies with a combination of sky blue balloons and streamers. Each of the clubs also decorated their stalls accordingly... Sam even got a boxing ring for the exhibition match outdoors. Well we couldn't allow ourselves anything less than perfection.


As we walk our way to the student council's meeting room, I make sure to inspect every stall and every class. Everything seemed to be just as I have planned for today, with the exception of one single thing; as if I needed another annoyance to deal with today.... Hilton Cox, the vice-president of the student council.. An arrogant, four eyed snobbish brat that uses his connections to manipulate and get what he wants. With a remarkable disgusting smiles that he keeps on his face almost at all times, his rickety slim body incapable of supporting even his own weight combined with his perturbed mind that is only focused on his selfish and twisted desires. Although is nothing I wouldn't expect, after all men are scum, but for my disgrace...He is obsessed with me for the past year. “ Oh mi amada princesa, estoy verdaderamente bendecida por ser capaz de poner mi vista en su hermoso rostro.” He painfully articulate that phrase with the worst excuse of a Spanish accent I have ever heard, saying some sort of pick up line that wouldn't have even worked on the 15th century. “Cox...Seems you finally learned how to use a dictionary, congratulations, but next time try to get at least a good translator that can actually make a sentence with proper grammar.” I don't have time to deal with his 'playboy act' today, and to make it worst he is blocking the door. Standing in front of it in a weird pose resembling that of a character in one of the many low budget elementary school productions. “ Ahh, how much I have missed your beautiful voice Sophie, indeed your vast knowledge in every topic is just fantasico! This year will be even more maravilloso.”

Despise how much I would love to discover the new levels of stupidity this imbecile can reach, my time is too precious to be wasting it in a worm like him. “ Buzz off Cox we don't have time to deal with you or your crappy french.” I would applaud Alice at this point for trying to scram Cox away, if only she haven't mistaken Spanish for French... “Ah Sayer, do you plan to give us another of your shameful displays of lust like last year? What about you Wakes, I heard you were going to be on a boxing exhibition today... Please be sure to at least shave those macho armpits of yours, we don't want to scar the freshmen for life he he.” Slowly I start clapping, thankfully I reacted quick enough as my clapping stopped Sam from giving Cox a jab to the face. “Bravo Cox, I'm impressed... I bet you spend the entire summer coming up with such creative and ingenious insults, maybe even more time than what you spend trying to pronounce those Spanish words. I must say I wouldn't have thought your were capable of learning something as hard as that, truly marvelous you just reached the same level of a parrot.”

A sudden unexpected awkward silence filled the hallways.. Cox was unable to think of something to reply he only stood there trying to maintain the absurd pose he initially had, but strangely enough neither Sam or Alice said anything. I expected at least Alice to say something to deliver the final blow to Cox, but both of them were just staring at me somewhat frightened. We spend about a minute just quietly starring at each other, I tried to understand why my friends were just there doing nothing.. Alice would usually use this chance to start bullying Cox into submission. Finally a familiar voice came from nearby, the principal’s underling, the vice-principal cut the tension.” Miss Knightley, Miss Wake and Miss Sayer the principal wants to see you all on her office right this instance.” I would rather deal with the principal than see any more of Cox disgusting face. “ Well Cox I can't say it was a pleasure to see you again, but before I leave let me give you a little quote since you seem so interested in learning Spanish. 'Como no estás experimentado en las cosas del mundo, todas las cosas que tienen algo de dificultad te parecen imposibles.' Be sure to meditate on those words, its a perfect fit for a person like you.” Of course he wouldn't know what does would mean, nor that the quote I did was in reference to a popular Spanish Novel. But is one of the many pleasure of knowing more than one language, although I wouldn't encourage anyone to learn a new one just to be able to insult other individuals with it.


We walked all the way to the principal's office on the school's main building. Although I didn't care much for the minimal attempts of the vice-principal to make conversation, I still wondered what reason could the principal possible have to summon us to her office. I made sure none of the school clubs or teams went over their assigned budget and I gave her an schedule of the event several weeks ago. The only other possibility I can think of is Alice 'hunt' which I had already plans to take care of. Whatever the reason I just hope she doesn't take too long with one of her unnecessary lectures.

We finally arrived, as usual she was comfortable sitting in that huge chair of hers, the type of ridiculously big office chair that only serve to make the user feel powerful or important while intimidating those in front of it. Checking several documents, which probably are not related to the school at all, but rather her several credit card debts due to her hobby as a sommelier..Taking her eyes off the papers for a split second, just to give us a quick glance.”Ma'am I have brought Miss Knightley and the rest of the students you requested.” The vice-principal said with an annoyed tone as if she had just finished a truly bothersome errand, fixing her glasses in the most obnoxiously way possible as if she was doing some sort of internal sigh.

“Ah girls, please take sit there is a few things I need to discuss with you three.” The principal said without even looking at us as she just kept revising the papers one after another, the sound of each sheet of paper fill the room with an awkward almost rhythmical noise as we each took sit. “Principal if you need to discuss anything relating the freshmen ceremony, you can revise one of the several memos and documents regarding the plans for today's event. If you excuse us we have several thing to attend as well and need to supervise the rest of the preparation for every club and team activity.” It might sound a tad out of place, but this will force the principal to go straight to the topic. I can't really allow myself to waste more time nor there is much time left if I want to have enough time to have my morning tea back at the students council meeting room. “ Young lady.” The vice-principal almost jumped back with an indignation expression on her face. “You mustn't forget what is your position. Another offense like that and I will make sure that perfect student records of yours... Becomes not as perfect any more. Are we CLEAR Miss Knightley?” Starring at me directly, like daggers trying to pierce my body.



“Crystal clear Vice-principal, but I would advise you to watch your tone. Another student, probably several juries, could be interpret that particular phrase as a threat.” My reply obviously upset the vice-principal, we had never really get along nor I think anyone could get along with that type of woman. She is cold, sarcastic and hates human interaction, I can see why would she even take a job like this if she hate interacting with people so much. “Now, now Sophie there is no need to fight with the vice-principal so early on the morning. The reason why I called you three is not regarding this year welcome ceremony, but rather a few event we would like to avoid happening.” Hmph.. I wouldn't waste my time fighting someone who at their mid thirties is still working on something so low as education, but it seems this was indeed regarding Alice behavior last year. “ There is no need to worry principal, I was planning on keeping an eye at Alice during the whole event. You can rest assure I won't let that event happen again this year.” With a little smirk on her face the principal looked at me as if she knew something I don't..like pitting my lack of knowledge. I do have some respect for her, but I won't let anyone look down on me. “ Excuse me principal did I said something that you might have found amusing?”

“Hey Sofy!” “M-Miss Sophie.” “Miss Knightley I warned you!” Both Alice and Sam were surprised, but I can't waste any more time. If the principal has something to say she better just say it right away and avoid wasting my time, but she just kept that smirk on her face and stopped everyone with one gently move of her hand. “ Sophie, please remember that I'm still your principal and you will address as such. The reason why I called you is indeed regarding that event, but my concern is not only that. Miss Sayers, we would really like to ask you to avoid doing something like you did last year.”

“Y-yes..Principal.” “ As for you Miss Wake, I heard you and another member of the box team will be doing an exhibition match outdoors. Please keep in mind that is only meant to serve as entertainment and motivate new students to join the team, don't hurt anyone.” “ Understood ma'am.” “ As for you Sophie, my biggest concern has to do with you..” The principal said straight with a serious face unlike her usual laid back expression, but what could possibly be the problem?! “Sophie, there is a great number of male students coming this year. I'm aware of your difficulty to get along with your male classmates, but by no means I will tolerate anything like what happen last year.” In the end..it was regarding that, such a wast of my time. “Principal I...” The principal stop me with a single gesture of her hand before I could finish my sentence, the pressure emanating from her was enough to even make me frighten for a moment. Well there is a reason why I respect her after all.. “I'm fully aware of the circumstances, and I know that the student family didn't present any charges due to the evidence that you presented. But this school have rules and procedures, let us handle dedicated matters such as that one. We can't allow ourselves to be involve in scandals such as that. Are we clear Sophie?”
“...” “I said are we clear Miss Knightley?” “ It's clear Principal, if you excuse us we have to supervise the rest of the preparations. Have a good day.” “ Ah, one last thing before you go Sophie, the offer to have you enter college this year is still open. I can send a solicitude if you want.” “Thank you principal, I will think about it..”

I just stood up from my sit, I wanted to get out of there as quickly as I could. The principals lecture didn't bothered me, neither did the constant glaring of the vice-principal. I don't regret my actions, the male student was a pseudo-ganster wanna be that was trying to abuse a female student and at the moment I confronted it, he lost 2 teeth and I broke his wrist. After that he had the nerve to try and sue me and the school, but I crushed his allegations swiftly enough, none of that really bothers me and I would probably due the same if I encountered myself in the same situation again. What truly bothers me though, is the fact that whenever the principal said male...Or whenever I try to think about a male, memories of that dream keep appearing. Hunting, frustrating, annoying me!!!

“Ugh.. sometimes I just can't stand that girls attitude.” Sitting on Sophie's previous spot the vice-principal complains, the teenage girl obviously making her upset. “Now, now, no need to be that mad. You were just the same when you were a kid.” Smiling the principal comforts her childhood friend. “I don't even know why we let her handle the school's budget, seriously all that responsibility has gotten into her head.” The vice-principal takes out a cigarette out of her pocket, lighting it, she starts smoking the expensive brand. “Well it is a good experience for her future, and she does it pretty well. More importantly she does it for free and we can save that money, Oh by the way I met this cute guy at this restaurant the other day were they had an excellent Cote de Nuits.” “Principal please stop using the school money to buy wine.”


As we walked back, I quickly explained to Alice and Sam how we would be handling the security around school grounds. The karate and judo team were to be on watch for the first hours and switch as soon as their events started, Sam and the boxing team would be in charge after the exhibition match was done. And finally Alice and the rest of the sports teams were in watch duty during the final hour. There was only Seniors and freshmen, the second years students were giving a day off, except for those involved in club activities or sport teams. We keep a close watch for trespassers to avoid any unnecessary conflict and keep all the students safe.


Time passed, students slowly began to come. Everyone gathered at the school's auditorium, it was time to start the welcoming ceremony. The principal elegantly came to the podium, she stood up there, glancing at the new students. She started her speech, not too short, not too long. Quite marvelous indeed, despise her laid back personality she knew how to reach young students with her encouraging but honest words. Soon it was my turn, I stood in front of the podium and gave my own speech. Eloquently I started, every word came perfectly synchronized to the background music that was playing. My oratory skills were even praised by the vice-principal herself, I knew every word, every sentence and every paragraph by memory. I rehearsed countless times and I was confident on my abilities. My speech reach is climax, I give a quick glance to the audience and notice even the most rebellious looking of the new students is paying me full attention. All of them right there in my grasp, this apparent success shadowed by one exasperating thing.

Honestly, I was looking forward to this moment. Not because I wanted the attention nor because I cared what would the new students think and certainly it wasn't away to seek their approval. Merely to prove myself capable of it, for the satisfaction of a job well done and yet as I'm ending my speech. I had to try as hard as I could too keep calm and collected, that man... For some wicked reason, memories of that idiotic buffoon rise one after another. The speech ends and I get down of the podium and head out accompanied by an standing ovation and several compliments from the new comers. A moment that should have been a great source of satisfaction, something I could be proud of, instead right now is nothing more than a bitter taste in my mouth.

My memory has been priced on repeated occasions by several different individual, my parents, my teachers and even I think is above the average. Yet despise the great effort I put trying to recall that man's face... I'm unable too, I can recall every single detail of the dream as if it was carved deep into my memory; from the unrealistic big moon to the extremely cheesy and corny white roses that were covering the field. I'm sure I saw his face, and I can clearly recall it was even more infuriating that even Cox's disgusting and repulsive face, even his tone of voice is something that I clearly remember.
Then why....Why is his face the only thing I can't recall!?!?

“Hey Sofy, you really nailed that speech girl~” “It was pretty amazing Miss Sophie.” Both Alice and Sam come to congratulate me, I barely pay them any attention as I keep my way to the council's meeting room. “Come on Sofy we are trying to congratulate you here, at least say something.” I'm really not in the moon nor I have the time to fake a smile just to make Alice stop complaining. All I want is to be alone and somehow get rid of this memories. “ M-Miss Sophie..If you are not too busy, could you possibly come to see me at the exhibition match?” “Not now Sam.” I didn't even really hear whatever Sam said, my mind is busy thinking on way to call myself down and trying to recall any methods of purging that dream off my mind, but then Alice suddenly grabs my arm and stops me. “Sofy, if you don't want to tell us whatever it is that is bothering you that's fine, but you could at least go watch Sammy's match. She's been really looking forward to it and it would mean a lot if you--” “ Alice, Sam, I have already explained what will be your roles in the upcoming hours , if that is clear then we have nothing to discuss.”

Alice released my arm and both of them walked away, in the end I decided not to go to the meeting room, I was too furious, to angry and enraged. I went to see the football team friendly match against our neighbor school's team, hopping that a fan of the rival team or anyone would start a riot. I just wanted to punch someone, release some steam, but of course none of that happened. Witnessing the match, the combination of the soft grass that made our school field rival those of the most famous football stadiums, the soft gently breeze that made for a perfect refreshment for both the players and the audience. Details that in other circumstances wouldn't have mattered much to me, now remind me of something that I been trying to block from my psyche since this morning. The match ended, players and fans alike making a fuss, the different instruments the fans were using to cheer for their favorite teams keep going stronger than even during the match itself. Suddenly the field was empty,they showed a great amount of sportsmanship, the football team recruited several members, everything was going according to plan.

I ended up all alone supervising and checking the stalls and events of the other clubs and teams, I saw how the new students quickly formed their new groups and forged their new friendships. I heard Sam's match was a great success, after it several students were asking to join the boxing team and even more were trying to ask Sam out or just trying to meet her. Even Alice behave this time, she ran so fast that she imposed a new school record. With a time of 10.53 seconds she was so fast that could even compete on an Olympic level. I knew I was really harsh on them, I knew I should have been there for them...They are my friends after all, but this cursed dream has completely taken over my mind, like some sort of curse it just won't stop. As I dwell on my situation and reflect on how I should apologize to them, the alarm on the cellphone Alice game me start ringing. The sound.. A melody Alice chose for me, I turn off the alarm..Is almost time for the fencing team exhibition event I will be performing.

Before I place my 'smarthingy' as Alice call it, back into my pocket I look at the photo serving as the wallpaper for my phone... A photo of us three, me in the middle Sam at my right and Alice hugging us both from the left as she make a peace sign while sticking her tongue out. Taken during my fifteenth birthday while we were on a trip to Paris... I head to the school's gym, the final even of the day is about to start. I prepared the fencing match to be the main even of the day, we had the male and female team giving several presentations and choreographic fights to entertain the. Finally light turn off, at the center of the gym, in the middle of the strip were the fencing match would be taking place.


Me and the Captain of the male team saluted each other and saluted right back at the audience. The music that I had carefully prepared started, a piece of symphonic metal to enhance the match and spice it to the taste of a more modern audience. He took his stance, the classical 'En Garde' stance for which fencing is so well known for. I stood in front of him, still holding my sabre up and having a hand in my back. Gladly neither my opponent nor the audience took it as a type of mock, rather they were saying how 'cool ' I looked on that stance. In reality, I was afraid that if I would get on my En Garde Stance I wouldn't be able to hold back... It was supposed to be just an exhibition, practice for the male team's Captain and me; I had several sparring matches against him, he is not a bad person..For being a man, yet All I could think of was crushing him...Gladly our sabres were the standard sport ones, otherwise...


He quickly started with a lunge, closing the initial gap, I could noticed by the tight grip he had of the handle that he was nervous. He kept attacking, but against all my training I just stood there. Parrying and dodging every single of his attacks as I kept the same stance I had at the beginning with a few movements of my wrist. He kept engaging, maybe a combination of his nervousness and my current state, unable to break my defense nor put enough strength into the attacks to break my current stance. He attacked from every angle, fast on his feet and hands as most fencers. But for me he was moving so slow I could easily see each attack and anticipate with enough time that I didn't need to move at all.

Right at the end of the music, he commits a fatal mistake, he got used to my defensive strategy and left himself wide open as he performed another lunge. The tight grip he had on the handle made it easier for me, with a circular swift motion of my wrist I parried and disarmed him, pointing my sabre right at his neck and catching his sword with my other hand. Finally breaking my initial stance the match was over.
A moment of complete silence, the audience is still processing the combination of movements that they just witnessed. Suddenly the silence gives place to an euphoric cheer for me and my opponent, the exhibition is a huge success. Both the male and the female team got at least 20 students each, wishing to join the team. The rest ask me and him to pose in different position to uploaded to an internet website I remember Alice mentioning this morning, apparently some type of new social media.

After the event is done, the new students have already gone and the rest of the seniors are cleaning the school. I'm at the girls dressing room..Thinking the whole day to be a success, a great success indeed.
Everything went according to my plan, according to my expectations. I didn't need to worry about Alice making a disaster like last year, Alice....I feel so empty, despise everything I accomplished today, none of it seems to matter much. Leaving my uniform and equipment, making sure the gym is perfectly clean, I'm the last one to leave...no other student but me remains on school grounds.

“Hey show off, catch.” A familiar voice says as it throws me a bottle of lemon juice. “ I know your like, pretty good with the sword and all. But really girl did you had to humiliate the poor guy like that.” “Alice...” “You did splendid on your match Miss Sophie.” “ Sam... You both came to see my match?” “ Of course, what type of friends wouldn't go see their friend kick some poor guys butt in front of hundreds of new students virtually loosing all respect for him...I wouldn't have missed it for the world.” Tears start to run down my cheeks, even after the way I acted and how cruel and mean I was too them...They still came, to see me..They still call me a friend. Might have sound cliché, corny and a bit cheesy, but I just wanted to hug them and walk together back home. I will make sure to make it up for them.

“ Ah mi princesa, my dear Sophie.” Coming from the door on the other side of the room, with the same poor pronunciation that would offend any Spanish speaking person, slowing walking towards me with an excessive amount of confidence. His skeletal hands rubbing each other, a n image that would disturb Allan Poe and make Stephen King crying in terror. Of all the people, why him..Why now! 

“Impresionante, increible, expectacular; your performance was undeniably the best I have ever seen. That peasant was put back into his place, serves him right for trying to oppose someone of much higher skill like you my dear.” “ Cox, don't you see we are having a nice touching reunion over here, just go away you stalker.” “Ah, Sayers...Heard you did something useful for a change and broke a school record on the 100 meters. If you keep the good job maybe I will convince father to raise you as our next racing horse.” “ Why you darned....” “Oh please, Sayers just keep behaving like a good girl and let the adults talk in here. Poor Wakes can't even hold you up any longer, oh that reminds me, Wakes wouldn't you be interested in posing for a magazine? There seems to be a market for girls...Your type and I have a cousin that would really love to have a private photo session with you , maybe that way you could change that tomboy image of yours he he.”

“Oh no no no, this simply won't do. Any girlfriend of mine can't drink such cheap things, I will get you a proper drink. For now just have a look at this dazzling with roses I got for you, as a token of my love and to congratulate you in this day that shall be remembered as the beginning of the most popular and perfect couple high society had ever seen~” He threw away the drink Alice got for me...He insulted my friends and had the nerve to call me his girlfriend...

...White Roses...


Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs