Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fan-Art. Ruby Rose from RWBY

RWBY:

An American animated  web series created by Mony Oum for Rooster Teeth Production.
A series that despise it's clunky animation on the early episodes and the fact that the fights seemed a bit cheese and over exaggerated, had amazing characters and a  fantasy story deep enough (which I would like them to focus more on)  that  stands out from the rest of the numerous animeish web series online.

Well as our first post on this new section, I would like to show you all the process on how I did the Fan-Art from the early sketching stages, to the inking and the final digital coloring ( so that we avoid unnecessary misunderstanding were certain individuals accuse me of using a mere filter on certain software which there is no need to mention *cough* Photoshop *cough*) along with a brief explanation about the character I decided to draw and why.

Ruby Rose by Victor. 
Ruby is the protagonist and one of the 4 lead characters on the RWBY series, the reason why is because her cheerful/dorky personality combined with her character design  made her a unique character which I haven't seen not even in Anime series for a good time. An of course not to mention her amazing Scythe/Sniper Rifle!!!!

Now for starters as you may know after reading my previous post on "The process of constructing an Idea" you are familiar to the process I use to make any drawing, starting from the research (which I left some of the sources at the beginning of this post), then the sketching and so on :


  • Sketching

Sketch of Ruby Rose by Victor


Taking Reference from the series of course and doing a quick sketch on how I would like to present the character, some characteristic of her design  and adding my personal touch to her.

  • Inking

Ruby Rose-Inked by Victor
As you can see I left the main line art and added some details, the background I had on the sketch was done digitally but since I already had a good idea of the space I would use for it I could ink and to the Beta Line without any major concern.

  • Digital Painting

Ruby Rose digital painting process-Early Stage

Ruby Rose digital painting process-Mid Stage
Lastly after scanning the drawing the next and final step was to color it digitally. Using well..Photoshop..ehem.. The color scheme I used or the character is the same as the one of the series, keeping it as close as I could to the original.

And there you have it, the process on how I did this Fan-Art and before I leave I would like to announce that, if any of you would like us to do a Fan-Art. You can now send us an inbox on our Fb page, G+ , DeviantArt or also here on the comment section and we will  gladly do any request or  petition you guys have!

Hope to hear from all of you soon and till we meet again on another DMS post, farewell.


Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs