Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

An Unrealistic Thing Called Love

Chapter-1 Fake-Awake

A huge, bright full moon, unlike any I had ever seen, covered the sky with a faint yet warm light. From it, thousands of white roses scattered as far as the eye could see, feeding from this gentle light and glowing as they slowly bloom. Engrossing the sky above them, resembling little stars that form an endless silver sea...

A scenery worthy of poems or odes... Or perhaps a very corny and cheesy fantasy conceived by the tender mind of a 5 year old girl...
Yet trapped in this landscape, sat next to a figure I can't identify; I lay, contemplating this surreal portrait of a somewhat romantic scene.


My mind is exhausted, I realize that. However, not even after three days of being deprived of sleep and studying at a rate that would put even the most dedicated university student to shame, had I ever constructed such a dream before.

....Dream...

Simple gimmicks of the mind wouldn't be enough to put my reasoning in doubt. But this poor excuse of a background from a third-rate fairy tale is causing me to debate whether or not this is actually a dream.
The feeling of grass touching and caressing my feet as the leaves move with the gentle breeze that flows in this place; the distinctive scent of roses, and the presence of this buffoon sat painfully close to me... All of them are irrationally real!


Is my sanity to question? A symptom of food poisoning perhaps? But the answers to these questions I shall contemplate another time. For now the question that I want answered this instant is:

WHO IS THIS ANNOYING MAN?! AND WHY AM I NODDING TO EVERYTHING HE SAYS?!

My alarm wakes me up. Generally by the time the alarm would sound, I would have done my morning work out, brushed my hair and gotten ready for school. I sigh, if I skip breakfast and... my morning tea I could still make it to my appointment.


Good morning Miss Sophie. I assumed you had already left for school. I will get your breakfast ready this instant.”
I won't be having breakfast today.” I grab my lunch. “I will return at the usual time. Please have tea ready for three this evening.”
Understood milady. Anything else you would like me to have ready for our guests?”
.... Have my psychology books ready as well.”
As you wish.”

I was supposed to be on a certain street, exactly 2 miles from school next to a bench in front of a local bakery shop. My two best friends were to meet me there. Samantha: a rather tall, inexpressive girl with short black hair and an athletic body constitution. People are usually afraid of approaching her due to her intimidating gaze, the scar located under her chin and her past as a street fighter. Although She's really just a shy and socially awkward person who's not really good at talking to people, unlike Alice who is the complete opposite. She is not as tall, of average height actually; her long blond hair always trying to mimic her favorite celebrity of the week; always cheerful and happy on the outside; loves to gossip and party and is always informed of even the smallest of details, from celebrities to the popular guys in school. But in the inside she is a mischievous little devil that would probably break the heart of Casanova himself if she wanted

Alice, who is sitting on the bench, suddenly jumps off it and turns to show Samantha, who is resting her back on the bakery store's wall, her cellphone screen full of pictures circled in red with the label Target on them, and says. “Look Sammy, so many cute boys among the freshmen.” She giggles in a mischievous way, sitting again, talking to herself, Saying. “This year will be even more fun than the last ♥.”

Trying to ignore Alice's rather annoying boy-obsessed behavior, Sam observes her wristwatch, a rather worried look on her usual inexpressive face, answering Alice saying. “Seriously Alice, haven't you learned anything after last year?”
Sammy, you do know that looking at your wristwatch every 5 seconds won't make Sophie magically appear, don't you?” Says Alice as she keeps playing with her cellphone and planning her hunting plan for this year's prey.

Glaring at Alice, Sam looks at her wristwatch again, anxious of Sophie's whereabouts, as she knew Sophie was very serious about punctuality, and mumbles to herself. “Where could Miss Sophie be..”
She probably had a meeting with the student council or something like that” Alice says, finally letting go of her phone, putting it in her jacket's right hand pocket, stretching while using the bench as support, “ Really, I even went through all the trouble to get her that new smart phone thingy and she doesn't even call to tell us she will be heading school early... Geez.”

It's not like her to change her schedule so suddenly.” Sam replies as she observers her wristwatch once more, her previous subtle worried face turning into a restless moving finger as she kept observing the passing time.
Alice, annoyed by Sam's worried behavior, says. “Seriously Sammy, stop that. She's probably already there and getting things ready for the freshmen and stuff. Besides, if we go now we can inspect some of the really cute ones up close teehee~”
Humph..” Sam says, doubting they should leave. Sighing heavily, finally realizing that Sophie won't show up, grabbing her bag and getting ready to leave. “Ok let's go.”

I finally made it to the specific bench, gladly my friends are still there. Though it's seems I barely made it , I might have been able to get there on time if I had run all the way, though presenting myself covered in sweat in my first day as senior and president of the student council is unthinkable. But I'm late. I had never been late to an appointment before. Ah, there are Samantha and Alice.. Ugh, I can already see the smirk on Alice's face, she won't let me forget about this.

Samantha quickly moved from the wall she is resting her back on, greeting me with a somewhat relieved smile. “Miss Sophie!” She says to me almost with teary eyes. Poor Sam, I hope I haven't worried her too much.
Well now, that's something unexpected.. The Queen of punctuality herself is actually late.” Alice said looking me with that foxy smirk of hers.
I knew she was going to tease me or try to use this unfavorable situation against me.
Placing my pair of earphones in my jacket's front pocket I made sure to tie the cords neatly(I can't stand my earphones getting tangled), and greet my friends knowing I have stained my reputation as a punctual person.

Alice, Sam, I apologize for the delay... I had certain... difficulties this morning.” I say ashamed and avoiding to look them directly in the eyes. To make matters worse, due to the rush I had to get ready, I didn't brush my hair as I usually do. It probably looks messy and brushing it with my hand might not be as effective but right now I need to arrange the best I can.

It's nothing Miss Soph--” Sam politely attempts to comfort me. But Alice interrupts her quickly, showing her merciless true nature.

Sofy, the hell you been!! We were waiting for you for about 10 minutes and you know how freaking cold the mornings can be geez!!” Alice says, rubbing on my face the fact that I'm late. Alice has been my friend for years, but I have always hated how proficient she is at making people feel miserable and desperate.
Alice!” Sam yells, trying hardly to avoid punching Alice in the face.

Oh don't give me that look Sammy, let me enjoy the fact that miss *Perfect Punctuality. * Is actually late for once” Alice says as she is clearly enjoying the irony of the situation.

I do really apologize it won't happen again” I say trying to hide my embarrassed face. I won't let an atrocity such as this happen again, I will make sure of that.

Don't listen to her Miss Sophie. It wasn't even that much time.” Sam says, still trying to comfort me. Though I might need to stop her from chocking Alice if things get out of hand... But I could probably wait just a few seconds if that happens.

In any case, we should hurry up before classes start. We can't be late to our first day as seniors.” I can't let trivial matters mess with my schedule, nor something as cliche as a dream fitted for a teenage girl novel.

Understood!” Sam replies, always acting as if I was some sort of military officer whenever I give an instruction. If only Alice would listen to me even half as much as Sam does, she wouldn't get in so many troubles.

Sofy, you might have been late an all. But classes start in one an a half hours.”
Alice says in a lazy tone. Classes might start in less than two hours... But she doesn't seem to be the least interested in that, rather I would say she is ready to attack some of the new students. Same as last year.. I will have to make sure to check her bag before the welcome ceremony.
I was late to our appointment. I won't let my school record be stained as well.”
I say, thinking I could use some of the extra time to have my morning tea in the Student Council's meeting room.
You know, we could arrive at school faster if we could ride your Aston Martin or your Porsche..Or anything with heating really.”
Alice says, for being part of the track team and the fastest for that matter, I can't really understand why Alice complains so much about walking.

My parents are using them, besides walking is a good exercise. And you could use the work out to loose those few pounds you gained during summer.” I said, not exactly revenge. But I'm not fond of being teased, she has always been really sensitive of her weight. Despise her fast metabolism and natural slim figure, she constantly checks her weight and the quantity of calories she consumes.
I didn't gain that much weight!!!” Alice says with a blushing face. She doesn't show her weak side too often, but is indeed enjoyable whenever she does.

Is that so~o?” I say, looking at Alice. Certainly a nice change of phase for this otherwise horrid morning, but having Sam giggling with a mockery expression, is definitely lifting up my mood.

Shut up both of you!!” She says, almost like a little girl. I hope Alice forgets everything about my delay.. If I could only get rid so easily of the memories of that dream.



[ You sealed your broken heart..freezing your emotions and keeping everyone from reaching too close again. A wall of thorns will eventually push those who dare away. But the coldness of your words, the sharp edges of every single thorn. Like an impenetrable fortress, guarded by hundreds of armed soldiers. Yet here I stand with one single thought on my mind: “Everything that is guarded so heavily, must be worth it.”]

Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs