Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Friday, February 13, 2015

What You Should Want To Be Happy ch.15

Climbing up the stairs, an horrid stench that comes from the second floor apartments fill the grim looking hallway that this freaks call home. Why do I have to do this!
 In any case, it will be the last time I ever do it...I hope.


Entering the apartments, again!
As I walk the stench becomes stronger, I'm a hard time figuring out what could produce this smell of rottenness -My nostrils..- Though it seems that the smell comes from the room of those light saber dorks. I knock the door, but there seems to be no one inside, I wonder if they are dead...This freaks would rather die than pay their rent on time, the smell coming from the room...Could it be? I doubt it, it doesn't seem like it and I can hear something that resembles footsteps coming at the door. As I wait for the residents to open the door, I notice there is a Japanese symbol painted on it "Kame" which means turtle...I have the feeling I have seen this somewhere else, the door opens and the awful stench that was already burning my nostrils would be a sweet scent compared to this reek!

Some sort of greenish fog surrounds me, thankfully it disperses quick enough to let me breath again; the residents come out. One looks as if it have been starving to death, the other seems to be in serious need of a diet, though the ironic contrast is kind of amusing; one thing is clear...None of them seems to have taken a bath in ages, if they even know what soap is.

I try hardly to avoid passing out due to the smell, moving my face to the nearest place with enough clean air to keep me alive; One of them come close, looking at me with a zombie like face, says:

{H-Hey, you are Mr. Lloyd right? I got the money you came looking for, give me a sec please I will go look for it; we had to make some cuts in our budget...But here it is} 


Liveless, hardly able to speak and looks like it would die at any moment...What could this person have done to end up like this? The dirty T-shirt he was wearing, "The force is  withing you, come to the dark side", it had written on the front under the image of a dark mask. I don't really know why I took the time to notice it, but after looking at this individuals...I felt the need to know what they were doing and...My name is not Lloyd! ~sigh~ I don't have choice but to stand here  until my job is finally done...

[Excuse me, but that's the reason I came here. The payment is no longer necessary, the company in charge of  renovating this area  will take care of all the expenses, including those of this building which means the payment is not longer required by the residents and--]

{Uhwaaaahh....}

I was expecting all sort of reactions once I was done talking, but for them to start crying...I tried to move my arm to fake a sign of comfort, but they just hugged each other and started crying and moaning even louder....The whole scene resulted in one of the most awkward moments in my life.

[Well...That would be it so I will take my leave]

My golden opportunity to leave without asking questions...To just go and continue...But my curiosity needed me to find out what happened. I know I will end up regretting this.
For the way they are crying it would seem as if someone died, maybe they lost all their money and haven't eaten -At least the undead looking one-  Though if they had the money to make the payment, why would they or rather he, starve to death?  I doubt  any of them would be that responsible as to save money to make the payment rather than buy food.

[I know is none of my business, but...Is there a reason why are you both crying?]

They stopped crying immediately, just staring at me...Their stares felt as if they were trying to pierce me with a lance, but they just smiled and replied in a kindly way saying:

{ It's nothing sir just, There was not enough money...So we had to make a bet to see who would make the payment and I lost}

Just as I thought, the zombie guy was the one starving to death...Though that seems rather obvious just looking at this two, but instead of making one starve... They could just split the payment in half and each pay a smaller portion, both of them could have  eat...In a more healthy way too.
I could debate all day long whether this freaks are just idiots or just simply insane, but finding out what they bet could actually help me write the script of "The Last" since I need actual date of how this type of...Individuals behave. 

[And what was that bet, If you don't mind me asking?]

Another moment were I knew I would regret the answer to the question I just made; they looked at each other, cleaning their tears and snots with their already  dirty shirts. I try to understand the words coming from one of them as they both are still sobbing and moaning.

{ Is just...Poor little Candy, she was an orphan a-and then when she was adopted....They were so mean to hear and and then he came and...They had to go hunting.....WHY!!! ANTHONY!!! WHY!!! His eyes sparkled with life and you thought everything was going to be alright -sobs- And then Terry came, screw Terry!! Anthony is dead!!!!}

So I listened to them, 30 minutes I stood there listing to the whole reason why they made a bet. It seems the bet consisted of watching a series called "Candy" and the first to cry would be the looser.
Sadly I knew exactly what they were talking about, it supposed to be a very sad classic Anime, but it didn't make me cry at all. The first 20 minutes I heard the whole story on how they both cried as the story reached is climax, so they repeated the process....Both crying in sad or happy moments at the same time, until they decided to watch an extra episode and finally one of them cried and the bet was finally over.  Of course I tried to escape or make an excuse to finally leave, which I should have done on the first place.

But now after 30 minutes they keep badger me with the sad and pathetic stories of their lives, their underachieved dreams and hopes. One started telling me how they lost what they called 'their treasure' the most valued possession they had. The other, sobbing as he described the item for me that they had saved for a long time to get...A storyboard made by one of their favorite author that was never released. Definitely he was scammed, but I didn't bother trying to tell them that; I keep nodding as I faked interest and trying to ignore the other one with the story of a little toy dog that apparently it was a gift from his only "ex girlfriend"

I finally managed to escape from them, making an excuse and heading for the top floor so I can finally finish with this tedious job.  The third floor and the place where I have to talk with the final resident that hasn't make the payment yet, surprisingly this floor smells rather nice. Though compared with the last floor even a swearer would smell nice.  Now that I think about it...This smells seems to be of roses and it's coming form the weird girl's room.

I know I will regret it, my common sense has proven that countless time just today. But if I don't go now I might never be able to see the impossible again....That  woman being organized!

Once again standing in front of another of this doors, I was about to knock, but I will rather wait this time until I know is safe to enter. In the mean time I will browse the book they gave me. Hmm..How to Draw Doujins, seems to be an old edition and everything else is written on Japanese, which is hardly a problem.

First Page: Power up Doujin Techniques for Begginers; Bla,bla,bla.. I might be able to find something useful from this, I would just wish this thing didn't look as if was made for kids. 

Huh? Suddenly I can hear something coming from inside the room, seems to be a song...What could she be singing?

♪ si tu lo deseas puedes volar, solo tienes que confiar, mucho en ti y seguir,
  puedes contar con migo te doy todo mi apoyo... ♪

That's one of the most corny and cheesy songs I have ever hear, why is it on Spanish in the first place? It's not the song I actually find odd, rather the fact that she seems to know another language other than English and the feeling that I have heard that song somewhere. I know it had to do with something ending on  "mon" What could she possibly be doing to be so happy? The door seems to be unlocked, I suppose if I'm going in I should do it now -enters- What tha.... Is this some sort of hallucination?!?! Did the last floor smell actually affected my mind?  What is she doing dressed like that? Like some sort of secretary, in the middle of this mess of a place she calls home. 

There are tons of pizza boxes lying on the floor, boxes, fast food and all sort of trash, But there is just a spot that seems to be lost in time...As if it wasn't even a part of this place, shelves filled with figurines and Manga,  organized and neatly placed. Right next to it, she is cleaning some sort of desk; I know I can't possible be dreaming, but this looks so unreal...She looks at me and waves. That smile always on her face as she yells at me :

"Welcome to your new source of inspiration, let me show you a world with unlimited possibilities!!"

What nonsense is she talking about? I have no interest in whatever thing she is doing or planning, I would rather just go away right this instant...Or at least that was my plan before she would grab me from the arm, getting close enough to invade my personal space. What is she even trying?  She gets closer and with a smile, in a mother like soft tone tell me almost like an order:

"You can't leave, there is still much left to do"

What is going on?

To be continue...

Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs