Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What You Should Want To Be Happy Ch. 16


I'm entering insanity, finishing a day of work in a girl's apartment...In other circumstances that would be something very good, if only this apartment wouldn't  look like something took out from the Twilight Zone... 


Ch.16: The World She Only Knows

Sadly this is not a dream, dirt covers most of this place and some sections doesn't even seem to fit with this place ambiance at all. One sections of the room is surprisingly clean, somewhat unorganized; like some sort of altar of an ancient civilization that has been lay undisturbed for millenniums. On the walls, and obscene quantity of posters featuring extravagant males and colorful animals with guns, another section has shelves full with figurines of sword women and some sort of magicians, some in very suggestive poses...Among them a figuring of a man with a white hood and a staff holding his glasses in a pose that seems familiar some how. There are several books neatly placed in bookshelves, other just lay on the floor one over the other; they look like comics, novels and there seems to be a huge quantity of books featuring   some sort of moles with green hat on the cover. Somehting Brilliant Park, it's all I can read among the chaos of this room; hows even possible to have this quantity of things on a single place?

I been sitting at this desk for a while, its scent of roses doesn't mask the turmoil nor the ambiance that surrounds this place; meanwhile...She stands right next to me as some sort of governess with that smiles on her face that she always has every time, although I can see her glancing directly at me aiming fro my neck like a lioness ready to strike. I still wonder why she always keeps that smile on her at all times, I still try to write as she keeps distracting me with her weird references one after another with no order whatsoever.

~Hugs~

{Lloyd! Don't get distracted, I told you to focus on writing the script!}

Such an annoyance, I can't concentrate in a situation like this and she seems to enjoy playing the part of an nuisance; now she is blabbering something about the morphology of manga and something about the importance and how unimportant the panels are. All her words are nothing more than gibberish to me, worse the whole thing keeps becoming more uncomfortable the more she keeps hugging me.



{Lloyd! I already told you, you can't put that in a panel; you have to make the script simple and keep only the important events and actions so you know what to put in each panel. Like if you would be making boom! But without explaining each little detail.}

~Shivers~ This is becoming more and more bothersome, I don't need someone like hers to put pressure on me. I need to keep her away from me at least so I can have my personal space, but she seems just like quicksand....The more I struggle the more it traps me and keeps her blabbering going. However I can't let this go on any longer, I'm sick of her and I must speak up my mind.

"Do you mind? I'm trying to work here."


{~Giggles~ I'm sorry, got a bit too exited there. But pay more attention, as I was saying; everything you been writing is wrong. You been writing the same in a  different way, you need to be more flexible and think about the world  you are creating, not only in the main character. Also you need to keep your ideas simple so they would be adequate for the script.}

Bla,bla,bla she been repeating the same thing over and over and  she keeps insisting that everything is wrong, but she won't tell me what part is wrong...She keeps telling me to make it simpler, but if I do that the whole story would thing won't have any sense nor plot and having her holding me like a Koala surly doesn't help either.


{Lloyd! Are you listing to me? Ok good, as I was saying; it seems like you have most of the things figured out as far as the game goes, but if this is your first chapter you should introduce more characters not only 2 and....maybe that he won't be alone or has a group or something.}

I keep writing, it's been an hour and I'm already at my fifth script, I'm tired of all this, I keep wondering how someone would  like to do this for a living. Writing...She keeps being utterly useless with instructions I can't comprehend,  every single one of the reference she is talking about is about something I have never heard in my life before, "Gleam eyes"  That he uses a double sword technique, that I put him glasses and that he becomes a sorcerer or that I put one of the characters as a kid trapped inside the game without knowing anything about his past like in a Anime called ".Hack" More and more ridiculous things like that keep coming out of her mouth, about battles and fighting techniques, I'm starting to think she does it only to make me suffer...Another hour goes by and I'm starting my twelfth script.

Finally, she fell asleep...She is laying on the desk and snoring. I'm almost done, but I don't want to show it to her...I'm convinced the twentieth is the one.

She definitely looks better with her mouth shut, and better yet asleep...To think that someone with those eyes, lips and her general factions are exemplar; though I suppose even the most beautiful of women would look like her if they don't take even the least care of their appearance. Well with some help she might even look like a model...Yeah right! There is not enough makeup in the world to fix her insane personality.

Yet another hour has passed, I'm stuck...Only a bit more before I can finish, just a few more details and I can complete this thing. In any case I been digressing too much, I lost my train of thought...And I don't even remember how I should finish the chapter.

Surronded by so much dirt and chaos, I find it hard to concentrate...But she has a wide variety of books and Manga, that should help me or at least serve as reference. High School HxH, Poketures(pketcreatures), none seem to be of any use...Though I recall she saying the name of some I should use: "Bursted Wolrd" But I don't see how a boy who has a pig as it's avatar would have anything to do with my story, though it's not that bad..."Last Shadow" This one seems to be a classic Shonen...It looks interesting, but I doubt I could use it as a reference. 
Maybe if I give another look to the script I would have an idea on how to finish it.

"THE LAST"

Clash of swords, sparks and a smile, this evening have been just like many others. A young boy fights against a strange looking creatures,  a humanoid looking bird, he has beating several; but there are even more blocking his path. At his right side a two  bars can be seen, one labeled "Magic" which is now completely empty , the other  right above  labeled "Life Points" is dangerously  low as marked by the red color of the content that normally should be green.
Taking a look at the huge quantity of enemies in front of him, still keeping a smirk on his face though regretting the lack of company.

A young boy walks in the street, his path always the same, never moving from the straight line  and looking quite impatient, only focused in the place he is trying to reach. Miles is his name, always the first to enter his class, top of his class regarding grades, the first one to have lunch and the very first to leave for home after classes and the first to be an antisocial.


Cloi: Miles!, Miles, did you make the homework?

Miles just keep walking, ignoring every single person that tried to speak to him..Including his neighbor Cloi...

Miles is not interested in studying and even less on keeping a conversation, his only interest was to finish whatever task he had been doing and maybe one more thing...Or better said "Some else"

He always stood still, even if someone tried to talk with him, he never answered unless it was a teacher or someone that would have any degree of authority.

Always silent, the only sound that could be heard was the one coming from his pen as he wrote. Many tried to get close to him, perhaps because he was somewhat handsome or simply for mere curiosity. Though the only one that could get any close to him was his neighbor Cloi.

As always he is the first, silently walking to his desk; behind him Cloi who was making an uproar keeps trying to talk with him.

Cloi: "Morning Miles, don't you think today is rather nice...Ahhh, the air feels so refreshing. What will you have for lunch today?! Did you bring lunch? Or will you buy something at the cafeteria?...Miles are you listening to me? Hey why don't we have lunch together!"

Miles ignores Cloi's  efforts to make a conversation with him, deep in thought seems like nothing can reach him.

Miles: Another morning like any other, she flutters like a hummingbird that feeds on nectar as I stay still letting her feed. I'm indeed a sinner letting myself be courted by such a beautiful girl  and creating such hype among the audience that is enjoying the morning show; so foolish of them waiting for a rock to bleed.



{Don't you think that characters act way to much like...You?}

She woke up! She's laying over my shoulder and keeps sticking his nose in other peoples bussiness...

“On what kind of things he acts like me ?”

{Just in everything, he is a jerk, antisocial, arrogant, think he is smart...And by the way, you do know that scrip is wrong right? It's supposed to be a script not a novel, it has to be more simple and easy to follow; thought is not that bad... It has to look more like and RPG or rather like a game of Pokecretures, you know like simple instructions and actions like 'He uses thunder-shot...It's super effective!}

I already lost track on the hours I have spent here, the twentieth...Was not the last and I'm to tired to write another one, with this excuse of an editor....I'm so sick of all this. She turned on his gaming console and played the famous 'Pokecreasure' So in the end I just needed to place an actions and a reactions along side a simple description...If only she could have done that from the very beginning instead of  all that nonsensical stuff she keep bashing at me.



{Oh and this story needs some "Tanukis"}

Huh? ...Tanukis?  I turn around and look at her, she smiles at me trying to explain that excuse of a joke or something she just told me. I know Tanukis are creatures that resembles raccoon...But why would my story need them?



“Tanukis? Why?”

{You know "T-A-N-U-K-I-S like in Nosaki}

She seriusly need to understand that it doesn't matter how many times she repeat that kind of things, I won't understand what she is talking about if I have no idea what is she trying to make reference of...
It doesn't matter if I know the reference or not, she keeps smiling, using her elbow just so I will add one...Just so people will think I'm making a reference to that particular series. But I don't understand why should I nor the reason to do it...

{Lloyd!}

There she goes again...Like if I didn't have a name. But I'm too tired to argue with her, at this point at least she forgot the whole Tanuki stuff and calmed down.

♪toc, toc, toc♪

Someone is at the door and she rushes to open it, who would visit at this hours? No..I don't need to wonder I already know the answer sadly. I shouldn't try to use logic in a place where common sense has been cast away, she runs exited to the door as she turns and tell me..


{Do you have a team? Or are you planning on doing the sketches and the panels all by yourself?}

She insist I shouldn't work alone and search for help, but I'm not sure I would like nor I would need any more help coming form her.

♪toc, toc, toc♪

She opened the door, the group of weird people of the other apartments...I knew it would be them it was so predictable, but I don't plan on involving myself any longer with these people. She comes back and tries to tell me a hundred things just with her sight, making signs like if it was some sort of code in a baseball game.

{Lloyd, I present you to your new team}

Or so she says, but I have no intention to let this facade go on any longer.

"I refuse, I don't plan to work with this weirdos."

{Don't worry I can be the editor.}

As if I would let her be the editor, Ha! Just the mere idea is annoying.....But even if I think it would be a pain I can't tell her no. I'm just to tired and I want to finish this thing already! Maybe letting them help won't be so bad, it's their field of expertise...And with the right direction, My direction!! We might be able to pull this out, besides they are already here and it would be troublesome trying to kick them out and worse trying to come up with an excuse to leave.

~Sigh~

They start talking and everyone acts as if they would be my friends from years ago, junk food in hand among several drawing equipment and supplies...They might not be a bad group after all.

Though I know I will regret all this, I could have hired a whole team of professionals writers and artist to make this job....Why did I have to listed to her? At least I should have suspected when she told me she had a desk ready for me...I might be loosing my sanity, just like everyone that seems to be around her.

I got the next chapter of "Star Atom" the suicidal guy says; Oh that's great says the guy that clearly needs to eat something before passing out...Everyone keeps talking, not caring for the lack of improvement; this will be a long night.

It's one in the morning and I'm already in the twenty first  script and I have the feeling it won't be the last one.




Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs