Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Bleach Critique

Bleach (ブリーチ Burīchi) is a Japanese Manga series written and illustrated by Tite Kubo. Serialized by Weekly Shonen Jump since August 2001 and also  had an animated series produced by  Studio Pierrot which began broadcasting in Japan  from 2004 to 2012 with over 366 episodes and 111 original episodes not based on the manga.
Bleach

The plot of the series focus on  Ichigo Kurosaki , a young teen age boy who's capable of    see and interact with spirits. After meeting Rukia , A soul reaper in charge of  guiding souls to the after life and fighting vicious creatures called "Hollows" , he obtains the powers of a Soul Reaper and  takes the task to guide souls and fight Hollows.


Well once again it's time for me to give a critique , though since this will be the last critique I do on the Shonen trinity I thought on doing something special , as always this is just merely my opinion and  it's completely fine if you disagree with me.

Right from the start I would like to say that among the Shonen Trinity  , Bleach is the one I like the most ( and still think it's pretty bad ).
So bleach plot  started some what different than most "Battle Manga" we had this Main character that looked not quite normal  , but despise his  ability to see and interact with spirits  had no stereotypical goal like most main characters nor desires beyond  what a normal high school student would have  , not to mention that Ichigo is one of the few Main characters I know that is not  really a stereotypical dumb main character. Sadly the story turns more and more stereotypical as it progress and  even if some of the filler in the series has interesting details to share or  displays some character development  , it tends to get tedious and repetitive.

The background story in Bleach is amazingly well done (sadly sometimes not well present nor presented at the right time)  the viewer does get to know a lot about the world Ichigo ends up in (mostly the spirit world background) every character that is presented in the series has some interesting detail or connection with one or more of the other characters and gives the series a good amount of complexity.
Characters!...a huge...lot of characters...



Script...well the script in Bleach is not actually that  interesting nor  is bad enough to make funny jokes about ( Hence why I didn't put that many memes on this critique :/) is mostly forgettable ,  not bad just not interesting enough to be mention. Though it does have one memorable "line" I guess you could call that.. and it's  "I knew you would do that  before you were even born"  not the exact quote but most of you might know who I'm talking about...if not then...

Meet the guy who knows everything


Finally art on bleach is of really high quality and one of the things I like the most about the series is the fact that is among the few that displays their characters with different clothes quite often and really amazing clothes as well.

Can't be bad ass enough without  a nice pair of pants


Well usually that would have covered my whole critique for Bleach adding maybe a pony joke somewhere here and  finishing with my  Evaluation Table of Judgement...but since this is a special critique and  I got certain information while making my research from an anonymous  informant
Anonymous informant ,  you will never guess his identity!

While making my research I got an interesting information , one that claim that Bleach was nothing more than a carbon copy of another manga...It wasn't really hard to believe a manga could copy something from other , but for what I heard it was nothing more than a cheap copy and that was worth investigation. 


Buso Renkin was the manga bleach supposedly copied many things from , including some main character designs and personalities , so  like any other good  researcher I had to get to the bottom of this!.....which I did and...really fast actually... 

Might be me...but I don't see the resemblance..



Still I gave my informant a chance and I kept investigation..though a quick search revealed that Buso Renkin Manga was serialized almost 2 years after Bleach...which...means that if anything Buso Renkin is the one copying...though a manga that was written and illustrated by Nobuhiro Watsuki  , The creator of Rurouni Kenshin  or Samurai X   couldn't possible fall that low as to copy from another Mangaka , so I decided to dig more into it and reached the conclusion that  it's mere similarities and  the use of Nobuhiro's Wife'name in one of bleach characters Arc is nothing more than a tribute for a colleague.


So that ends my critique on bleach , a series that could have been a lot better with less filler  less focus on "Epic battles" but well "Battle Manga" is something that many in their youth enjoy and was or is part of everyone's life though that doesn't mean all "Battle Manga" are similar nor that there is only 1 way of making them but I will talk about that some other time.

Have my Evaluation Table of Judgement and remember  to share your thoughts  in the comment section. 


Wondering if I should have put a dark cloak on that samurai...



No Game No Life
Naruto

Once Piece

Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs