Subscribe For Free Updates From The DMS Team!

Get the Lastest News about our Manga!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

An Unrealistic Thing Called Love Ch.4

Why do we love? A question, that I asked myself when I was but a child. At one point in my early teenage years I thought I had answered, but then I discovered the true nature behind it....Then decided I didn't need such a thing in my life. Of course, we have the capability of cherishing friends, family and even strangers at a certain point. However the concept of 'love' that is displayed in media and hold so highly in our society... It's a term that solely belongs in fairy tales and works of fiction.

Chain of Memories

Love, is nothing more than a term we use to hide the true dark desires of our human nature. Because we think ourselves to be better than animals; thus we needed a term that would seem acceptable withing our standards and yet allow us to go beyond our reproductive needs without restriction nor boundary.

When I think of the past and how naive I used to be, thinking those fairy tales, those ideals to be real and even more....To think I had actually achieved them. Is not a surprise that I, like many, ended up discovering how the world actually worked. Furthermore I realized that 'bad experience' I had, was not an exception...It wasn't some kind of divine punishment, in reality it was the norm. Statistically speaking, it was one more of the many and event that despise how much it might have hurt...It was as normal as car accident or a person being robbed, but unlike the latter...What happened to me was as meaningless and irrelevant that I just decided to forget it and continue with my life.

Or at least that's what I tried so hard for myself to believe....Since I met him, since the first time I saw him, something bothered me. Every time I see him a stinging pain arise from deep down my chest, like if a bindweed full of thorns would constrain my heart and every beat would press the thorns even deeper. Despise that, here in this irrational world where logic and sense doesn't seem to work. A place that defies common sense itself....I think, I might be able to believe in love once more.

It's has been around five minutes since he decided to start this childish game, hugging me from behind. Tightly holding me with his arms and despise my threats, despise how hard I yelled or how much I struggled...He just won't let go of me. I sigh, “Would you please just let me go?” I say already tired of trying to get free of his grip, I really doubt he would just let me go that easily. At the moment I can't really think of something else to say, but he surprisingly takes his arms off me saying with a cheerful tone. “Sure Sophie, by the way there is something I been wanting to te---”

-BUMP-

“Why didn't you let me go sooner idiot!!” I yell at him right after my fist smash his head. At first, he just stood there with a smile on his face, laughing like an immature child who just accomplished a stupid prank....But then he looked directly into my eyes, a more serious expression on his face.. Almost as if he was trying to comfort me. Slowly he started to caress my face saying. “Why did it took you so long to say please?” I shoved his hand away and turned around, not because the caressing bothered me...Well it might have bother me just a little, b-but it's his fault! Only a dunce like him would do such childish things a-and then act...So sweet.

“Ahem, whatever you wanted to tell me it better be important. We already wasted enough time with silly games and I need to get back as soon as possible.” I say trying to regain my composure , I can't possibly show him any sign of weakness or who knows what he would do next... “Actually Sophie it's about that, I seriously doubt we can ask any passerby and be like 'Oh hello, you wouldn't happen to know how to travel between realities would you?'
That would probably gain us a ticket straight to the nearest mental health institution.” “ Wait, before I even try to analyze what you just said...What did you mean by 'realities'?”

He looked at me confused, almost as if what I just asked was a dumb question. His confused face soon faded and a mockery laugh replaced it, but before I could get close enough to punch him once more he answers teasing me. “ Geez Sophie” He giggles, petting me in the head. “For someone that reads quantum physics and mystery novels in her spare time, you really are shortsighted.” Huh...? Me, shortsighted . How does he dare!!!

“ First, I will inform you that I have made several essays on the most complex of topics in the field of quantum physics,such as the string theory, and have been praised by professors of the most prestigious universities. Second I don't know what does a stupid dream have to do with the activities I do on my leisure time nor how ignoring the inner working of this surrealistic dream can possible make me a shortsighted individual!”

He still looks at me with that mockery expression of his, similar do that of the principal whenever she believes she knows something I don't. Though unlike hers... His is not subtle in the slightest, almost to the point of bursting in laughter. “Sophie..” He start saying trying to get as serious as he possible can.
“I thought you would have figured it out a long time ago...This is not a dream, silly.” Of course I realized from the very beginning this wasn't a normal dream, but I will let him think he is smarter just so I can crush him after hearing the pathetic conclusions he thinks I haven't notice already.

“Well if you are that smart, care to enlighten me?” I reply. If there is anything I'm glad I learned from Alice, is how much men like to think they are in control.. That and to avoid stores during clothing discount sales in a mall. But I digressed. “ D'aww you are adorable when you are being sarcastic Sophie.” He says completely ignoring all type of personal space definitions as he cuddles me without any sort of warning, I try to push him aside. Every time he gets close to me I loose my cool and can't think clearly, to think I would act this weak by a mere hug. “W-whatever...”

Though the cuddling didn't last for long...(Sadly) He holds my hand and says. “ But why don't we continue this conversation in that coffee shop over there.” He points to a fancy looking coffee shop across the street we were walking on, it doesn't look like the type of place someone like him would visit...But another cup of tea would definitely help me understand whatever gibberish he will tell me.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

“So that's your explanation?” She says taking a sip of her tea, “I find it....Hard to believe.” Looking straight at me with her piercing eyes, “ Are you certain that is exactly what happened?” Putting down her cup of tea on the table, “I know Sophie can become obsessive over certain matters,” crossing her legs, “However pushing herself to the point of passing out at school sounds unlike her at all.”

Sophie's mom says... Ugh every time I have to talk with her is such a nightmare, not even talking with the old hag and that beast of the vice-principal was this stressful. Poor Sammy is already petrified in terror, I just hope she doesn't say anything stupid.

“I-I know Mrs. Knightley, Sophie wouldn't usually act so recklessly, but she has been under a lot of stress lately and all that has been building up inside her.” I reply trying to keep my voice from cutting short, come on Alice just put on your best smile and try not to blow this up; for Sophie's sake!

“Humm...” she gaze at us once more, “Indeed, Natalie told me she was acting rather odd this morning,” She picks up her cup of tea once more, “ Very well,” taking a sip again, “ I will ask her directly; I also have concerns regarding this Cox person,” she stands up and walks directly towards us, “You are welcome to stay the night with us today,” petting both of us in the head, “ Sophie will be happy to see you girls when she wakes up.” She walks away, but stops for a moment to say one last thing. “ But girls, never forget that a mother always knows.” Finally....I thought that would never end, might not have gone as smoothly as I wanted, but still pretty good; I will make sure Sophie buys me an entire new wardrobe for this!

“Hey Sammy.... Sammy!!” I have to shake up Sammy a bit before she responses. “Uh-Ah, A-Alice?”
Poor Sammy can't stop shaking, Sophie's mom has that effect on almost everyone. “You can relax now, she is gone.” I give her a little hug before standing up and stretching, “Well...It looks like we will spend the night here, so we better get ready for the night~” Sammy takes a deep breath and finally stands up. “ Do you think...Miss Sophie will be ok?” I sigh, “ I'm not sure, but for the time being all we can do is try to help her the best we can.”

I know I'm not the best when it comes to thinking, but if there is something I know how to do is...Deceiving people, fortunately that jerk Cox didn't remember what happened after Sophie passed out. Not like I wouldn't be able to shut his mouth one way...Or another. Still I have already convinced Sophie's major threats, and as long as we stick to the plan she shouldn't get in serious troubles.

“Alice...” Sammy looks at me with huge puppy like eyes, “Why do you think Miss Sophie did that... I know Cox is a bad person, but...” Holding her hands I reply to her. “ Let's just say, she really can't stand guys getting too close to her.” And not just guys....Since that day no one has been able to reach her, “But forget that now silly, we need to get the snacks ready for the slumber party!!” “Are we having a slumber party?”

“ Of course we are! And we will even get some of your favorite scary movies~” “B-But Alice I don't like...Scary movies.” I grab her hand and we walk to the kitchen, at least that will keep Sammy distracted. I don't want her to be worried....Sophie, whatever is happening in that huge head of yours you better know that...You got friends you can count on.

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

I'm not sure what surprise me more, the fact that he actually expect me to believe that pseudo theory he just came up with or the fact that it actually makes sense...”To summarize, this place is part of some type of parallel universe that is formed and shaped after our own subconscious minds and that somehow happens every time we are in an unconscious state.” Finishing my tea and taking a deep breath, honestly there is not enough tea in this world or in any world that would help me assimilate this bogus theory.

“Not necessarily, but yeah that's one way to put it. Though I can't really explain how everything works in further detail.” Having another bite at the fifth chocolate ice cream he had ordered so far, although he seems like a childish dunce at first...He is capable of actually using his brain and the evidence he provided was solid enough, poorly explained, but solid nonetheless. Regardless there is yet one thing I would like to be answered...



“Is it really necessary for you to be sitting next to me?” He cleans his mouth with a napkin, actually thinking before answering me for once he replies. “It's not really necessary, but how else I'm supposed to cuddle with you if I can't even reach you?” I sight, I should have known he would say something so dumb like that. Although I suppose is....N-not really a bad idea, there are some studies that shown that type of interaction help relieve stress and other negative symptoms.

“Yup that's true Sophie” Ugh...I completely forgot about it, “ Being able to heard what I think has to be illegal even in a parallel universe!” I can't believe I just said that...“Well when you have two minds merging together to form a whole new reality, that kind of things tend to happen Sophie.”

Well I suppose is not that bad, being able to get whatever we wish...Able to visit whatever place I want or even create a whole new one from scratch, limited only by imagination. It's just like writing a book, but one that I can experience first hand. “You're such a nerd Sophie,” he giggles as he pokes my cheek with his index finger, “ You really like book don't y--”

-BUMP-

“Ow...My ice cream.” “ We need to set some rules with this whole, 'mind reading' capability. You can't be able to hear what I think at all times! It's a violation of privacy.” I say, cleaning my fist off from the splatters of chocolate ice cream, besides I really don't want him to heard any type of.....Embarrassing information. “It's not like I can cover my minds ears or something Sophie....” I glare at him as he finish his reply, getting my fist ready to strike again. “Fine fine...I will see what I can do about it.”

Finally some improvement, there is definitely always a way to tame a man...“Nup, I just don't want you to spill any other of my ice creams....Er, I mean...I definitely didn't hear that he-he.”

-BUMP-

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Ok then, let see what to pick~ Some popcorn, chips, chocolates....Uuuh there is some ice cream too. “Alice...” Let's see we will need some drinks too. Jeez, so much tea and not a single drop of cola or juice....Maybe I can sneak up some wine~ “Alice!!” Uh, I haven't notice Sammy trying to talk with me; well it's kinda hard to hear her if she yells as loud as a granny's whisper. “What is it Sammy can't you see I'm filling us up for tonight?”

Sammy looks at me with a somewhat blushing face, “I don't...Think we should be taking so much food.” Dang, how can someone that looks so tough be such a cutie. “ Chill Sammy, Sophie's mom said we can make ourselves at home so~o that's what we will do; besides I doubt they mind.” Suddenly I felt a little thing tackling and holding my leg, then a soft adorable voice came out saying. “Are you guys staying over tonight?”

Natalie, Sophie's little sister was there holding my leg and looking at me with her adorable, cute green eyes. “ Hey kid.” I said as I kneel and hugged her, “ Yeah, me and Sammy are having a Slumber party in your sister's room; want to join us?” Her eyes opened, a huge smile formed on her face; that face only a child can get whenever it's exited about something.


“Yes! I would love to.” D'awww, though even if she is adorable....That little girl is as fearsome as her mother. “Oh so drinking milk does actually make them grow bigger..My sister say it was a myth, but yours have grown a bunch since the last time I saw them Sam!”

Sammy, who was drinking some milk; made the serious mistake of changing into her P.J. That consisted only on a tank top and some pants and of course we will tease her accordingly~

“ Oh, that's right Sammy...Now that I notice, you have grown quite a bit.”

Sammy almost choking, spills all the milk over her; blushing as she tries to cover her chest with her arms says. “ T-That's not true, I-I'm still the same size!” Natalie just look at me with a mischievous smile, walking towards Sammy as she says. “ Oh are you sure? I'm really think they have grown, maybe if I touch them I will be able to tell better!” Poor Sammy's face is so red, but no one can say no to Natalie's adorable face, in any case I needed a good laugh after all that happened today~

‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

Shivers run down my spine, he holds my hand and lays his head on my shoulder as he says. “Something wrong Sophie?” Pushing him away I reply, “No...I suddenly had the feeling something bad would happen to one of my friends.” He smiles, this time making my head rest on his chest; comforting me as he says. “Don't worry, they are fine. Your friends and your little sister are having a slumber party at your house.” He said with such confidence, almost about to forget the whole matter and enjoy the odd comfort I had as I lay my head on his chest, but what he just said....How? Is he joking or is he actually....Being serious?!?

“How do you know what they are doing and for that matter how do you know I have a younger sister?”
He look up for a moment, then he replays with the most oblivious tone I have ever heard. “Eh, I have my ways~” Obviously I'm not satisfied with that answer, although I'm too comfortable to be bother with the details for now.

“Hey Sophie,” he suddenly says with an excited tone on his voice, “Did you notice there were white roses in our table?” ….Those, darned flowers!! I was actually enjoying myself. “Could...You throw them away, I hate those flowers.” I turn around, facing the opposite direction; he reaches for the vase containing the flowers, holding one of the roses in his hand.

He looks at me, smiling he says. “ You know...” leaving the rose back in the vase, caressing my face he continues, “Once I heard the story of a really beautiful flower, praised and loved by everyone on the village. She was so beautiful that people from all over the country would come just to see it's beauty, the flower loved the attention and she enjoyed being praised every day by so much people.”

“But one day, he met someone. A really handsome and wealthy gentleman came to see the flower; the flower fell in love with the gentlemen the moment she saw him, thinking he was the perfect one. The only one truly worthy of her beauty, and so the flower and this gentlemen lived happy for a few years.
In the beginning everything seemed perfect, he would take good care of the beautiful flower; however as time passed the gentlemen met a lady and soon he forgot about the poor flower.”




“Heartbroken, she decided that no one ever would be worthy of her again and to keep anyone from ever hurting her; she grew thorns. The people of the village still praised her beauty, but as time passed the thorns she initially grew to protect herself, grew so much that finally covered her up. Trapped behind a wall of thorns, once the beautiful flower that was praised and attracted so much attention was forgotten.”

“Spending the rest of her days alone, with just a fading sunshine and thousands of thorns as her only companions; until one day....The wall of thorns protecting her started to move, noises coming form the other side; she was scared. Not knowing what sort of creature would appear, but mostly afraid of what it will do to her.”

“As the final wall of thorns that was covering her was taken down, she could felt the warm touch of sunshine. A warm that she had almost no memory off, it had been so many years since she felt it. Standing right in front of him , a young man covered in scratches, cuts and bruises; slowly he walked towards her. His bleeding hands gently picking her from the ground, he smiled walking all the way back.”

“The flower didn't knew what to do. She was afraid, afraid of being hurt again; so all she could do was growing more and more thorns, but the young man still hold her with the same delicacy as he used to pick her up; despise the sharp thorns. As they finally stepped outside the thousands of bindweed that were surrounding the flower, a young lady was waiting.”

“He walked towards her, excited he showed her the flower as he said, 'I told you, I would find a flower that was as beautiful as you.' That flower Sophie, was a white rose.”

I giggle, “That...Was so cheesy.” tears running down my face, I had forgotten the last time I cried. He cleans my tears with a napkin, holding me tightly while looking at me with a smile on his face. Truly idiotic, completely oblivious to anything but the person who is in front of him. “Would...You have gone, for that flower?” I ask, looking at him directly into his eyes with a serious voice despise my blushing face. “Sophie, ” he giggles, “I already did.”


As he said that I felt some type of relief, I can't really explain why. But his answer as corny as it might have been...Made me happy, closing my eyes we just kept like that for a few minutes. At that moment I really didn't cared what would the waitress say nor any other costumer. In fact, for the first time ever; I didn't have any single worry.

When I opened my eyes again, I was laying on my bed. 7 P.M. I could read on my alarm clock, right thru my window; a bright full moon was shining. Standing right next to my bed over a piece of furniture, a vase full of.....White roses. I giggle, the moon's light making them glow with a silver tone.

They....Actually look pretty.
  

Share it~ →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 comments:

Post a Comment

best entertainment blogs
best entertainment blogs